Another year gone just like that. Can you believe it? And of course the Mayans totally got it wrong. I was fairly certain they were wrong, but just in case I read a ton of dystopian novels to prepare myself for the end of the world. I was ready for vampires, zombies, viruses and nuclear attacks. I neglected compiling a homesteading Pinterest board though, so I'm not sure how I thought I'd feed my family or make us clothes.
Last year I wrote a list of resolutions and I thought I'd check in and see how I did keeping them:
1. Lose weight. I'm happy to say that since I started working with my trainer, Kris at Starting Line Fitness I am down several pounds and several inches.
2. Be kinder to the Hubs. I'm sure he would argue with me, but I think I've been fairly agreeable this year.
3. Clean the house for 5 minutes every day. I quickly realized that 5 minutes doesn't do shit and so I stopped.
4. Make enough money to have a cleaning lady come every week. I've got her coming twice a month. I'm halfway there!
5. Be a better mother. I did Yes Day, I took my kids to Disney and a water park where we all learned what "jorts" were, and I had two elves this Christmas to move around! I would say I aced this one this year. I am freaking Mother of the Year.
6. Write a book. Done and already working on the next one.
7. Fold laundry as soon as it's done drying. Yeah, that never happened.
8. Call my friends. I really tried harder this year, but I need to keep working on it.
9. Don't do drugs - recreational or pharmaceutical. I'm still unmedicated, although I'm sure there are many around me who wish I was.
10. Learn something new. This was the easy one I threw in at the last minute so I could say I at least kept one of my resolutions! I learned all sorts of new things this year, but the funniest one was how to shoot a gun and I found my apocalypse buddy.
How about you? How did you do? Did you keep your 2012 resolutions?