Now it's time to come up with some resolutions for 2013.
1. Get more Twitter followers. I really suck at Twitter. I'm getting better and I promise I'll interact with you over there if you follow me. Facebook is where I have more followers, but Facebook is frustrating me. I haven't been able to see my feed for a week now. It shows me three status updates from last Saturday and then says "There is nothing more to show you." Ugh. So, I'm trying to do more on Twitter. I'm getting more comfortable on Twitter. I even started a Twitter party on Sunday nights. Just follow the hashtag #spikedpunch and you will find me and a bunch of my friends chatting about some badass, way cool shit. For instance this week we discussed the riveting topics of American Girl dolls, Skylanders, sex, and Justin Bieber - there's a comma there so it's not sex with Justin Bieber. Join us this week!
2. Say I love you more. I'm good at saying it to the little people in my life, but not really great with the big ones. I will make more of an effort this year. However, in case I fail miserably, please know I love you.
3. Sell more books. I have a number in mind, but I don't want to put it here in case I don't meet my goal because then I'll feel like a loser. All I can say is my number is fairly large, so please tell a friend . . . or eight . . . about my book. Thanks, I love you!
4. Hang up my coat and/or drink more water. This was actually an idea I got from a reader. She commented that last year she resolved to run twenty 10 mile runs and she did it. (Good for her.) But since she did that last year, this year she was going to resolve to do something easy like hang up her coat or drink more water. I'm stealing her resolutions flat out. I've decided to make it an and/or proposition since I don't mind drinking water, but hanging up my coat seems as useless as making my bed (another thing I don't do). I'm just going to get back into my bed in a couple of hours, what is the point? I will need my coat the next time I leave the house, so why bother hanging it up? Looks like it's going to be more water.
5. Write more. What I mean by this is write more in advance. It is nearly midnight as I sit here writing this knowing full well that I have promised it to you by the morning. I do this all the time. I am constantly working under pressure and I would like to get some posts written in advance that I can throw out there on days that Kimye doesn't announce they're having a baby and the world waits with bated breath for my opinion.
6. Publish two books. Yup. Not one, but two. I'm working on them both of them right now.
7. Read more. I did fairly well this year with book reading. I'm not sure how many I read this year. I put a lot of them on Goodreads. This year I want to add some blogs to my reading list too. I try to read a lot of blogs on my phone when I have a few minutes here and there, but it's difficult for me to comment. I want to figure out how I can comment. I've been very open in the past about being a comment whore. I love comments. I read them all and it bums me out when people don't comment. Since I know how that feels, I can't read without commenting, that would totally suck. I will comment this year!!
8. Clean my house for 10 minutes a day. In 2012 I said I'd clean my house for 5 minutes a day and that didn't seem to work. I've decided to up it to 10 minutes this year. If nothing else, I can use this time to hang up my coat.
9. Get my hair cut by a real professional. I was trying to save money in 2012 and one of the things I scrapped was an expensive hair stylist. I've been going to one of those discount franchise places and my hair looks like it. I went to get my hair cut last week. I wanted a cute, fun, messy-ish pixie cut and I came home looking like a raggedy pinhead. A friend posted a picture that same day of her new haircut which was essentially the haircut I should have, but don't. I about cried when I did a side by side comparison. I need a pro this year. Luckily, the Hub is on board with this decision too. He's tired of me wearing a hat all the time because my hair is so crappy.
10. Keep working with Kris at Staring Line Fitness. It's been a week since I've worked out with Kris and she's going to be mad when I show up in my fat sweat pants, because my skinnier ones don't fit again after my holiday eating fest. But I'm ready to get back to work.
11. And one last one . . .
|Thank you Moms Who Drink and Swear!|