I read an article called "Six Reasons You Should Sleep Naked." After reading the list, I decided I would try it. These are my un-scientific findings:
1. You'll air out your hoo-ha. First of all, my hoo-ha gets plenty of air, thank you very much. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm walking around naked all the time getting fresh air up my vajayjay, but it's also not like I'm wearing super tight granny panties either that are cutting off all the clean, crisp breezes to my nether regions. I'm not convinced my hoo-ha needs any more air.
|I looked just like this last night. Except for the long beautiful hair. And the perfect make up. And the flawless, young skin. But really close.|
3. You'll look hotter. I continued to stay naked after my frigid 3 am potty break, because I really believed this one. Supposedly if I stay cooler at night "regenerative magic" is worked on my skin and hair. I looked in the mirror this morning and I thought my skin looked a little less wrinkly. It could also be that half of the lights in my bathroom are burned out and I look my best in the resulting "soft" light.
4. You'll lose belly fat. Uh OK, sign me up. I will walk around naked all damn day if this one is true. Yeah, this one sounds like bullshit. The theory here is that if I sleep more soundly (and I will because I'm cool and not overly hot) then my body will allow levels of the stress hormone cortisol to decrease and then I won't wake up hungry for comfort foods. Here's where this plan just backfired. The one thing that always makes me crave comfort foods is being cold. Guess what? I woke up cold. Guess what I wanted? My fleece muumuu and a stack of pancakes. However! I did shiver all night long and that surely burned at least 24 to 30 calories.
5. You'll feel more confident. Sleeping naked makes you feel sexy ergo feeling sexy makes you confident. Yes, I could feel the cool sensations of the sheets all over my body, etc., but that didn't make me feel sexy and/or confident. Instead it made me think, Wow, these sheets are cold on my hoo-ha and Ouch, when did I eat chips in bed?
6. You'll have better sex. I have no idea if this is true or not. The Hubs was already asleep when I decided to try this little experiment - I'm no dummy.
Find me on Facebook, Twitter or Subscribe via E-mail.
Want to read more? Check out my books!