My kids have been in school for a little over two weeks. They love school. They can't wait to see their friends, they thrive when they have a routine and they adore their teachers. I love that they love school, because it makes my job so much easier that I don't have to fight them out the door every morning and they're happy when they get home every afternoon.
HOWEVER, my kids are certain - absolutely certain - that as much as they loooove school, they are missing some good stuff at home. They are positive that the Hubs and I are having a ton of fun without them.
Here is what they think we're doing all day while they're at school:
(Not to worry, Gomer. I HATE Legos. Always have, always will. This is something he built and it fell apart when I was moving it to photograph it and I couldn't even figure out how to put it back together. Now he won't believe me that I don't play with his Legos all day.)
3. Play Xbox. Gomer is afraid we might unlock new levels that he didn't even know existed. (I must admit, we do play the Xbox sometimes. There are some games the Hubs and I enjoy playing that are either inappropriate for the kids or we don't want to share our "Fruit Ninja" time with them.)
4. Go to the park. Adolpha wonders if we ever hit the swings without her. (I'm not a fan of the park with the kids, I can guarantee you'll never find me there without the kids. Plus, how creepy would we look hanging out near the slide waiting for our turn behind a line of toddlers?)
5. Soak in a bubble bath. Adolpha loves a good soak and she can smell the remnants of a bubble bath like a bloodhound. She comes home sniffing my bathroom to see if I took some time out for a soak. (I probably should have a bath during the day, because I can never have one alone when she's home, because as soon as she smells that heavenly scent of lavender or vanilla, she is stripping down and joining me.)
6. Go to McDonald's for lunch. They are both concerned that we head to Mickey D's every day for a Happy Meal and some time in the giant hamster run.
7. Sit around in our pajamas all day and watch cartoons. Gomer is certain that since I once loved watching "Scooby Doo" I must still love that silly dog. (I do work best in my pjs, but cartoons give me a headache. So they're half right on this one.)
8. Hit the pool. The pool officially closes today so I can finally stop saying, "No, Daddy and I aren't going to the pool every day while you're at school."
9. Stroll through the toy aisles of Target and Wal-Mart. Am I the only one who can't take the kids into either of these stores without someone begging to walk up and down the toy aisles?? It's actually nice to run in while they're at school and NOT hit the toy aisle.
10. Dress up Puppy in doll clothes. Adolpha is afraid that while she's at school we're forcing her (stuffed) dog into doll clothes. (I actually had fun dressing Puppy for this picture. I see why she enjoys this so much.)
What about your kids? What do they think you do while they're at school all day?
Have you read my BOOK?
Find me on Facebook, Twitter and Subscribe via e-mail.